At The Solo Candle Co, LLC we believe in sustainability, transparency, and simplicity. We began our making-journey with the goal in mind to create safer goods you can use to promote balance, wellness and joy. And we continue to do just that.
Our products are truly "small-batch" produced... in that each item you receive has been individually made by our female-run team, hand-labeled, inspected, and packaged with love and care to bring more happiness and light into your life.
We use 100% pure soy wax blended with premium Clean Scents™ fragrance oils, candle-grade essential oils, sustainably-sources mica for a delicate sparkle, and the best wood wicks on the market. No dyes, ever.
We love creating cleaner candles, because we know that means a happier you!
Please follow these candle care tips for the most enjoyment of your Solo Candle Company wood wick candle:
- Our wicks always come pre-trimmed. After each burn, gently trim off the ash or the very top part of the wick to 3/16" to 1/4". Trim using a wick trimmer, or even nail clippers! We promise, your candle can't tell the difference. By trimming your wick, you ensure a clean, even burn every time which ultimately extends the life of your candle.
- Is your flame too big (taller than 1")? Simply blow out, retrim the wick and relight.
- Is your flame too small (appears weak, just barely taller than the wood wick itself)? If this is the candle's first light, the wick may be too tall and just needs to meet the wax to reach full flame. If this is happening after you've already burned the candle once, more than likely, your wick was trimmed too short. Blow out the candle. Using a tissue, scoop some wax (and any wood debris) away from the wick. Your wick just needs a little extra breathing room - relight and the flame should return to proper height after a few seconds.
- Be careful not to let any wood debris from the wick (or anything else) clog the wick. If this happens and the flame becomes hindered, blow out the candle, remove the debris and relight.
- Burn in a safe place & away from drafts.
- Soy wax has a memory so always allow it to achieve a full melt pool. It is important to burn the candle at least 1-2 hours, or until you've achieved a full melt pool all the way to the edge of the jar. Never burn longer than four hours.
- Worry not! Once your candle reaches the end of its life, it will go out on its own. Our proprietary wood wick clips keep the flame from burning too low which would otherwise overheat the vessel.
- Our tins and jars are reusable. Simply place in freezer for 1 hr, pop out left over wax & wash with warm, soapy water. Click here to read more about our Recycling Program.
The Solo Candle Co Hand-Poured 100% Soy Candles Are Eco-Friendly!
- Hand-crafted in USA with 100% USA Natural Soybean Wax
- Soy is a renewable resource that supports American farmers
- No chemical wax additives, dyes, or UV inhibitors
- No paraffin wax. Meaning NO PETROLEUM byproducts
- Fragrance oils free of parabens, phthalates, toxins, and sulfates
- Our wood wicks are never processes and sustainably sourced by our friends at The Wooden Wick Co
- Our cotton wicks are made with cotton, and are free of lead & zinc
- Our soy candles burn cleaner and longer with no carbon soot
- USA-made glass jars are RECYCLABLE